Pac-10 lunch links: UCLA's D-line takes a hit
June, 16, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Originality is the one thing which unoriginal minds cannot feel the use of.
- It appears that UCLA has lost a JC defensive tackle recruit who would have competed for a starting job immediately.
- The Pac-10 boasts a number of potential All-Americans at cornerback this fall, and this guy from California may be the best.
- Former Oregon receiver-quarterback Chris Harper will transfer to Kansas State and play QB. And the Ducks might lose another receiver.
- Dave Boling nails this column on Nick Montana's commitment to Washington, which at this point is a better "get" that in-state star Jake Heaps.
- Washington vs. Washington State: Just what is self-sufficiency?
- Evaluating Washington State's new uniforms.
- Ryan Leaf might be digging himself into a deeper hole.
- Interesting LA Times Q&A with out-going Pac-10 commissioner Tom Hansen, who talks about the USC and the NCAA, the Pac-10 bowl structure and the resistance to a playoff.
- Not sure how realistic it is, but Jon Wilner reimagines a more prestigious future Pac-10 bowl lineup. I like 1, 2, 3 -- moving the Alamo Bowl into the No. 2 spot ahead of the Holiday Bowl -- but I've always had a soft spot for the Sun Bowl because the folks down there work so hard and take such pride in their game.