Pac-12 recruiting updates
January, 27, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
With national signing day less than a week away, some quick notes on what's happening in the Pac-12.
- California picked up a commitment from three-star cornerback Stefan McClure (Vista, Calif./Vista), who chose the Bears over UCLA.
- Arizona State picked up a commitment from two linemen: 6-foot-3, 310-pound center Mo Latu of Perry HS (Gilbert, Ariz.)., who picked the Sun Devils over Missouri, Oregon and Utah, and OL/DL Vivii Teofilo of Moon Valley HS (Phoenix, Ariz.). Teofilo (6-foot-3, 295-pounds) chose ASU over Oregon State.
- Oregon got a commitment from defensive tackle Roderick Byers (6-foot-3, 260-pounds) of Northwestern HS (Rock Hill, S.C.), who picked the Ducks over Georgia Tech, Maryland, South Carolina, Texas Tech and Wake Forest. Byers talks about his decision to go West here.
- Touted DE Jalen Grimble from Bishop Gorman HS (Las Vegas, Nev.), who previously committed to USC, has re-opened his recruiting and is now considering UCLA and Miami as well as the Trojans.
- Elite offensive lineman Cyrus Hobbi is expected to pick between Arizona State, UCLA and USC on Friday.
- A number of Pac-12 programs are in the battle for athlete Marquise Lee. The same goes for DT Christian Heyward.
- Here's a list of the top uncommitted players.