Lunch links: Osweiler defends Erickson
July, 21, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
They damaged his nervous system with a wartime Russian mycotoxin. Strapped to a bed in a Memphis hotel, his talent burning out micron by micron, he hallucinated for thirty hours. The damage was minute, subtle, and utterly effective. For Case, who'd lived for the bodiless exultation of cyberspace, it was the Fall.
- Where are they now? They being former Arizona assistant coaches.
- Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler goes to bat for coach Dennis Erickson.
- The latest revelations about Willie Lyles and LSU -- mostly worthless videotape -- shouldn't concern California, right? More on whether Cal's offense is too complex.
- More on Colorado's grueling schedule.
- Will Pac-12 media day be a bit of a circus for Oregon (link includes the schedule).
- Oregon State doesn't get fancy Nike "Combat Gear", but other schools do.
- Andrew Luck's return has boosted Stanford ticket sales. Previewing Stanford's outside linebackers. The Cardinal's 2008 recruiting class wasn't highly rated, but it's proven to be great.
- Check out the UCLA media guide. Bruins opponent preview: Arizona State.
- USC opponent preview: Colorado. A chat with USC linebacker Chris Galippo.
- Utah and Utah State sign a four-game contract.
- Classy-- and generous -- move by Washington coach Steve Sarkisian. The Huskies update their compliance record.
- Washington State has picked up an interesting prospect for its offensive line.
- Entertaining speculation from Jon Wilner on what the Pac-12 Network might look like.
3:30 PM ET 13 Arizona State 11 Arizona 3:30 PM ET Stanford 8 UCLA