Pac-12 links: De Carolis diagnosed with Parkinson's
July, 26, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Happy Pac-12 media day! We're getting an early start on links because there's going to be a lot going on here starting around 9 a.m. PT, when commissioner Larry Scott gives his "state of the conference" speech.
- Former Arizona RB Nic Grigsby is headed to Miami.
- Is Arizona State the sleeper in the South? The Sun Devils pick up a commitment.
- A couple of former California players agreed to NFL free-agent deals.
- Colorado coach Jon Embree is ready to face low expectations.
- Don't expect Oregon coach Chip Kelly to open up about Willie Lyles at media day. Even then, there's plenty for Kelly to talk about.
- Our best wishes go out to Oregon State AD Bob De Carolis, who has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
- A look at Stanford decision making on fourth down.
- More on a recent UCLA commitment.
- Tennessee to NCAA: Don't look at us! It was all Lane Kiffin's fault.
- A Utah preview and ranking. The Utes will talk today, but bigger tests are ahead.
- There's a new book about Tyrone Willingham's tenure at Washington that figures to be controversial.
- Washington State's setup at media day.
- Lots of change for the conference as it heads into media day. An update on the Pac-12 Network. And there's good and bad news for the conference.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28