Lunch links: Buffs' issues at cornerback
August, 11, 2011
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
There are two kinds of people in this world : those who believe there are two kinds of people in this world and those who are smart enough to know better.
- Arizona CB Trevin Wade is on the spot. Backup QB Matt Scott is hoping to redshirt but ready to play.
- Injuries are an issue for Arizona State. Some good and some bad from scrimmage.
- Zach Maynard is ready for his close-up as California's QB. A report from a full-contact practice.
- Suffice it to say, Colorado has a keen sense of urgency at cornerback. Tight end will be a position of emphasis.
- Oregon practice notes. If Kiko Alonso is suspended for LSU, this guy will step in.
- Some Oregon State practice notes, leading with hard-luck injury news. It appears the Beavers O-line has a leader.
- An optimistic review of Stanford's schedule. The Cardinal need to figure out who Andrew Luck's backup is.
- An injury knocks out a UCLA F-back. Where does the QB competition stand?
- Good news for USC's depth at RB. And good news for LB Chris Galippo. The D-line needs to step up.
- The Sporting News ranks Utah No. 21. Injuries are an issue for the Utes O-line. The football education of Thretton Palamo.
- A practice report from Washington.
- Things got wet and wild at Washington State. Is LB C.J. Mizell growing up?
- Oregon-LSU is big, but if you read this, you understand how it will play out as a home game for LSU.