Lunch links: Who replaces Harris vs. LSU?
August, 18, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
He had decided long ago that no Situation had any objective reality: it only existed in the minds of those who happened to be in on it at any specific moment.
- The Pac-12 has a lot of good safeties, but Arizona has a young one who might end up in the All-Conference mix. Running back Daniel Jenkins has elevated his game.
- Arizona State's battle at backup quarterback continues.
- California running back Covaughn DeBoskie-Johnson has asserted himself. A practice report.
- Colorado's Will Pericak has found a home on the D-line, which looks solid. Some notes. The Buffs backup quarterback is expected to return to practice next week.
- Oregon offensive line coach Steve Greatwood has no qualms about shaking things up. Who will step in for Cliff Harris against LSU?
- Defensive tackle Kevin Frahm is the latest Oregon State player to get hurt, and that's not good. A couple of true freshmen may crack the starting lineup.
- Who will be Andrew Luck's successor at Stanford? Wide receiver Chris Owusu, the Cardinal's only true deep threat, is critical to the offense.
- UCLA quarterback Kevin Prince played better Wednesday. Wide receiver Randall Carroll is struggling to put it together on and off the field.
- Deep thoughts on USC's passing game. Some practice notes.
- Utah coach Kyle Whittingham has an eye for talent -- and where to use it. The defense is ahead of the offense, and it needs quarterback Jordan Wynn to see more action.
- Washington's offensive line is taking shape. Staff continuity is a big deal for the Huskies.
- Washington State looks good at receiver. The Cougs offense controlled the scrimmage. The linebackers are improved.
7:28 2nd Qtr 15 Arizona 31 Washington State 0 10:00 PM ET 20 USC 19 Utah 10:45 PM ET 14 Arizona State Washington Final/2OT 25 UCLA 40 Colorado 37 Final Oregon State 14 Stanford 38