Pac-12 links: Tough QBs to test Buffs, UCLA
August, 30, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Gentlemen, the hopes and dreams of an entire town are riding on your shoulders. You may never matter again in your life as much as you do right now.
- A couple of freshmen will play for Arizona in the opener, and one is likely to start at linebacker. It's an interesting mix of youth and experience on the depth chart.
- Arizona State is hoping this Carr doesn't break down anymore. Some highlights from Dennis Erickson's news conference.
- For the first time, it's fair to say there is pressure to win for California coach Jeff Tedford.
- Colorado safety Ray Polk is ready to step up. This is the guy he needs to stop.
- Oregon quarterback Darron Thomas thinks the LSU game is even bigger than the last one he played, which was fairly big. Ducks are fairly healthy.
- Oregon State hopes for some production from its slot receiver, Jordan Bishop. Some notes.
- This guy was going to be a weapon for Stanford in 2010 until he got hurt, but now he's ready to go. Will San Jose State teach Andrew Luck a history lesson (answer: no)?
- No quarterback news at UCLA. Houston quarterback Case Keenum gets another shot at the Bruins.
- USC's defense plans to turn things around after a down 2010. What's left on the Trojans' to-do list?
- This Utah defensive back does most of his talking on the field. Four running backs figure to get touches Saturday. This cornerback is now eligible to play this year.
- The Keith Price Era begins at Washington. The Huskies promise not to overlook Eastern Washington.
- Washington State is feeling optimistic. Breaking down the Cougars' depth chart.
- There aren't many answers yet for Pac-12 Enterprises.
- Pac-12 coaches talk about each other anonymously.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12