Afternoon musings: Chung pays tribute to fallen teammate
August, 27, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Don't put your game face on just yet. Read these links, then do so.
- Maybe Arizona's 2008 recruiting class was better than the pundits projected.
- Most news conferences are boring, but Arizona State QB Rudy Carpenter sometimes can be fairly interesting.
- Oregon rover Patrick Chung will wear the No. 29 jersey this fall in honor of late teammate Todd Doxey, who drowned this summer.
- Four players who will make a difference in the Oregon State-Stanford tilt. Previously, Paul Buker wondered if it might not be the Beavers' offensive line that determines the outcome.
- It's Tavita Pritchard time at Stanford.
- Chris Forcier is being challenged as UCLA's backup QB. Tennessee is hoping to Chow down.
- USC tailback C.J. Gable says, "Why not?" to national title talk. Should USC fans be concerned about LB Brian Cushing's left wrist?
- Jerry Brewer celebrates the return of Washington center Juan Garcia from what was once thought a career-ending foot injury. Huskies new defensive coordinator Ed Donatell probably knows his D is going to have its hands full with Oregon. Jim Moore, meanwhile, gets the Huskies to imitate coach Tyrone Willingham -- and there's video!
- Wonder if Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy will do anything interesting after the Washington State game? He might want to check out Brandon Gibson. He's a man, too.