Pac-12 links: Arizona's DBs must step up
September, 14, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
I just want to apologize to Josh's mom, and Mike's mom, and my mom. I am so sorry! Because it was my fault. I was the one who brought them here. I was the one that said "keep going south." I was the one who said that we were not lost. It was my fault, because it was my project. I am so scared! I don't know what's out there. We are going to die out here! I am so scared!
- Arizona's young secondary coach faces some big challenges. Might a freshman help the Wildcats sagging run game?
- Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler is off to a good start. Linebacker Colin Parker has stepped up.
- Maybe California's frosh running back Brendan Bigelow won't redshirt after all. Dropped passes have hurt Cal.
- Is it must-win time for Colorado? Tickets in Denver aren't selling particularly well.
- Some Oregon injury news. Is this the guy to lead the Ducks' questionable corps of receivers?
- More on the big news at Oregon State: A quarterback change. Some injury notes here.
- It appears Stanford hasn't opened up its playbook just yet. The Cardinal are preparing for the heat? Folks, the predicted high of 93 degrees in Tucson means it will feel like you are sitting indoors. And the low will be 66, so bring a sweatshirt.
- Texas remembers what happened against UCLA last year. The Bruins may have injury issues at kicker.
- Has USC found its go-to running back? Some spots in the Trojans lineup are still up for grabs.
- Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn, his arm strength down since shoulder surgery, is relying on his brain to make plays. The Holy War has been about as even as a rivalry series can be.
- Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu is hoping for a repeat performance against Nebraska -- from the Holiday Bowl, not the regular season game. A Cornhusker perspective on the game.
- Washington State is unbeaten but unchallenged -- that will change this weekend at San Diego State. Some Coug notes.
- Jon Wilner takes a crack at how divisions might be split up in 14- and 16-team expansion scenarios.
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21 Final North Carolina State 34 UCF 27
Final Cincinnati 17 Virginia Tech 33 Final 15 Arizona State 36 Duke 31 Final Miami (FL) 21 South Carolina 24 Final/OT Boston College 30 Penn State 31 Final Nebraska 42 24 USC 45
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State