Pac-12 lunch links: What makes Burfict, Burfict?
September, 22, 2011
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
He no longer dreamed of storms, nor of women, nor of great occurrences, nor of great fish, nor fights, nor contests of strength, nor of his wife. He only dreamed of places now and of the lions on the beach. They played like young cats in the dusk and he loved them as he loved the boy.
- It may tackle nickels for Arizona to beat Oregon. Wildcats QB Matt Scott continues to hope for a redshirt year and a 2012 return.
- Arizona State is also banged-up at tailback. Good story on Sun Devils LB Vontaze Burfict, including some details on what makes him tick.
- Yes, California's players remember what they felt after losing on the last play to Washington.
- Colorado's offense needs to step up on the road. Freshmen are helping the cause.
- Oregon gets ready to hit the road. The Ducks' O-line is down a contributor.
- Oregon State gets a couple of playmakers back.
- Stanford safety Delano Howell lets his actions speak for him.
- UCLA's defense has struggled to tackle, which is an important thing for a defense, according to nine out of 10 doctors. Checking in with AD Dan Guerrero.
- USC WR Robert Woods is special, and that makes life easier for the other receivers.
- Utah's Trevor Reilly, a force against BYU, remains an LB (who's pretty good at DE, too).
- Despite a pair of bum knees, Washington QB Keith Price is off to a quick start. The pressure is on D-coordinator Nick Holt.
- Opening up Washington State's playbook.