Pac-12 lunch links: Lobbestael to start
October, 4, 2011
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
It is very painful for me to be forced to speak the truth. It is the first time in my life that I have ever been reduced to such a painful position, and I am really quite inexperienced in doing anything of the kind.
- The hits keep coming for Arizona's defense: Defensive tackle Justin Washington is out. But the Wildcats are favorites this weekend.
- Arizona State center Garth Gerhart is questionable for the Utah game and other notes.
- A loss is a loss but California has suffered too many blowout versions in recent years. Grading Cal's bye week.
- Colorado senior Tyler Ahles is doing his own version of an Owen Marecic.
- Oregon wants to avoid an offensive repeat of the 2010 Cal game. New jerseys for Thursday's game? Whatever happened to LeGarrette Blount?
- Oregon State and Arizona figure to throw a lot, and that means a long game.
- Grading Stanford's game with UCLA. Linebacker Shayne Skov's replacements passed their first test.
- Rick Neuheisel believes UCLA is close to a turnaround. An injury report.
- What's the upside with USC wideout Robert Woods? The Trojans need linebacker Lamar Dawson to get healthy.
- Utah now turns to quarterback Jordan Wynn's backup, Jon Hays.
- The bye came at a good time for Washington.
- Quarterback Marshall Lobbestael will start again for Washington State at UCLA, but Jeff Tuel could play.