Pac-12 links: Leach, Rodriguez make moves
December, 13, 2011
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
"If I could work my will," said Scrooge indignantly, "every idiot who goes about with 'Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. He should!"
- Retaining Arizona's offensive line coach Robert Anae was a smart move by Rich Rodriguez, but does Rich Rod really know what he got himself into?
- Considering just where Arizona State stands as it prepares for its bowl game.
- California needs receivers, and it got a commitment from a good one.
- Colorado's president wants success everywhere, including football. The Buffaloes are moving up in the recruiting rankings.
- The Rose Bowl means Chip Kelly is in the money. What's up with the Ducks who redshirted this year?
- A moving tribute to former Oregon State defensive lineman Fred Thompson, who tragically died last week.
- Might Stanford play Notre Dame in China? Who replaces Andrew Luck?
- Check-gate was embarrassing for UCLA. Most Bruins don't know much about their new coach, Jim Mora.
- Whatever happened to former USC and Arkansas QB Mitch Mustain? A number of Trojans are dealing with "mayhem" as the figure out whether to return or enter the NFL draft.
- Rumors of potential suitors for Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is just the price of doing business.
- Washington's freshman TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins had a pretty good freshman year.
- What does Mike Leach mean at Washington State? That it hires coaches away from Tennessee, not the other way around. More on assistants here. On the downside, change means the Cougars lose a good coach and a good man.