Pac-10 lunch links: Stanford has a highly connected recruiter
October, 7, 2009
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Though his mind is not for rent,
Don't put him down as arrogant.
His reserve, a quiet defense,
Riding out the days events.
- Arizona's big back is soft-spoken.
- Arizona State needs to get better pressure on the quarterback.
- California is not waving a white flag over its season.
- Anthony Gildon and Chad Peppars are the likely replacements for Oregon cornerback Willie Glasper, who's done for the year with a knee injury.
- Tim Clark is back starting at cornerback for Oregon State. Stanford's straight-ahead style might be a better match for the rebuilding Beavers defense.
- Every indication is Stanford should be ranked, other than the national polls. Stanford has an ace recruiter who knows her way around the White House and the world's other halls of power. Might running back -- and Heisman Trophy candidate -- Toby Gerhart return in 2010? Jim Harbaugh is taking center stage in the Bay Area.
- More on the return of UCLA QB Kevin Prince.
- USC quarterback Matt Barkley knows and likes Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen. This Trojan is lucky to be alive.
- Running back Chris Polk has been a revelation for Washington.
- Some thoughts from Washington State coach Paul Wulff, including his irritation with Oregon.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12