Pac-12 lunch links: Bruins get physical
April, 18, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
... the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
- Some walk-ons did well this spring for Arizona. RB Daniel Jenkins ended spring on an uptick.
- A healthy DT Corey Adams will be big for Arizona State.
- It's not a spring game for California -- it's an experience. On a down note, there are substantial issues about financing the renovation of Memorial Stadium.
- Speaking of stadium renovations, Colorado now is eyeballing one for Folsom Field and other athletic facilities, including building an indoor facility. Some other thoughts from AD Mike Bohn.
- Word from Oregon's closed scrimmage was it looked good. Will a walk-on running back help this fall?
- Has Oregon State found a young receiver who is ready to play? Notes from practice No. 9.
- Notes from UCLA's practice. Tough, physical practices are taking a toll.
- In a big change from the previous two seasons, USC's secondary is deep and experienced.
- Utah is deep at tight end and plans to use them.
- Some interesting buyout clauses for Washington's new assistant coaches. Huskies WR Cody Bruns is back after a tough 2011.
- Notes from Washington State as it winds down spring practices, including Mike Leach questioning star WR Marquess Wilson's work ethic. Gilby II could end up as the Cougars' backup QB -- that being David Gilbertson, son of longtime coach Keith Gilbertson, the most likable grump I ever covered.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12