On stage ... Stanford
July, 24, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif.: Some notes from Stanford head coach David Shaw, running back Stepfan Taylor and linebacker Chase Thomas:
- Shaw says LB Shayne Skov has been cleared and is done with his rehab. "He's not ready to play a football game yet."
- Taylor says he doesn't feel the pressure to produce. "We feel like we have to play our best game, every game."
- Shaw says Taylor is the most underrated running back in the nation. He said we have an "unbelievable" front seven that could be as good as any in college football.
- Shaw says "we're going to do everything we can do with the players we have" in regards to whether the three-tight-end formations will still exist with the departure of Coby Fleener. They have moved a few players around and still have a lot of fullbacks. He called FB Ryan Hewitt the most versatile college football player you can find. "It's about mixing and matching."
- Thomas says the front seven is as good as any in the nation.
- Shaw says he told Brett Nottingham and Josh Nunes there should be no effort to be Andrew Luck, "because they can't." He wants the guy to get them into the best formation and the best play against the defense they are facing.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/pac12