Links: Riley coy about Beavers' play calling
August, 6, 2012
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
The freshman coach wanted to know what was up. I told him I knew all the plays; there was no reason to practice them over and over; the endless repetition might be spiritually disastrous; we were becoming a nation devoted to human xerography.
- Richard Morrison is going to be a receiver, not a quarterback for Arizona. Things are different under Rich Rodriguez.
- Newcomers will be fighting for touches in the deep Arizona State backfield. The present pecking order at quarterback might surprise you.
- Penn State transfer Khairi Fortt said he nearly ended up at California out of high school. Some practice notes.
- When David Bakhtiari's Colorado teammates call him "Two-Face," that's a good thing. The Buffs pick up a commitment from a receiver.
- Five questions for Oregon. A look at the Ducks' business, unfinished or otherwise.
- A Q&A with Oregon State coach Mike Riley. Five questions for Oregon State.
- Stanford linebacker Shayne Skov is back after a knee injury ended his 2011 season. Barry J. Sanders is his own man.
- This is a thorough account of Day 2 of UCLA's practices. The Bruins offensive line intends to get physical.
- Previewing USC's secondary, which should be very good. The Trojans looked stacked for a national title run.
- Utah quarterback Jordan Wynn feels confident. Stanford has lured a recruit from the Utes' backyard.
- A Q&A with Washington coach Steve Sarkisian. Breaking down the Huskies' roster.
- It appears Washington State receiver Marquess Wilson is bringing nasty back. Some Coug notes, including a quick one on cornerback Damante Horton getting two clearly gifted, impossible not to grab interceptions (inside joke).
3:30 PM ET 13 Arizona State 11 Arizona 3:30 PM ET Stanford 8 UCLA