Lunch links: Flournoy rising
August, 9, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm.
- B.J. Denker moving up Arizona's quarterback depth chart. Wildcats pick up a commit from a running back on their wish list.
- ASU defensive tackle Corey Adams could miss the season opener with back troubles. Some more news and notes.
- Jeff Tedford looked to the man in the hoodie for some advice. Plenty of running back depth for the Bears.
- Colorado tailback Tony Jones enters the season with "a lot of swagger." Yuri Wright could be an early contributor.
- Oregon offensive lineman Kyle Long having a strong camp so far. Previewing Oregon's Week 3 opponent.
- A breakdown of Oregon State's running back corps. News and notes from the Beavers' first day in pads.
- The Denver Post's Tom Kensler weighs in on Stanford's keys post-Andrew Luck.
- Bruins looking for answers on the offensive line. UCLA frosh receivers making an early impact.
- Even with the addition of Silas Redd, Curtis McNeal's focus hasn't changed. De'Von Flournoy emerging as USC's No. 3 wide receiver.
- Utah draws its strength from the defensive line. Even with Chase Hansen gone, Utes are deep at quarterback.
- Washington running back Deontae Cooper will miss the year after suffering a third torn ACL.
- A bigger, stronger Logan Mayes is good for the Cougars. A fiesty practice session yesterday for Washington State.
- Jon Wilner offers his preseason AP Top 25 ballot. Utah fans will be happy.
Final Hawaii 12 Colorado 21 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Georgia State 14 Washington 45 Final California 45 Arizona 49 Final 2 Oregon 38 Washington State 31 Final San Diego State 7 Oregon State 28