Lunch links: Barkley's backup still a question
August, 23, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane; Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
- Arizona is transitioning to a run-first approach. An interesting conversation/podcast with former Arizona coach Dick Tomey.
- Duo of Chris Young and Steffon Martin is looking to make an impact on ASU's defense. A look at Arizona State's secondary.
- The Bears release they're first fall depth chart. Some more on the players earning starting jobs.
- The Buffs will have to use their brains to out-play the competition. Jon Major and Doug Rippy have overcome adversity together.
- Oregon's depth chart is coming on Friday. FishDuck breaks down how Oregon will beat USC in 2012. Some reaction to Oregon's new uniforms.
- News and notes from Oregon State's practice. A post-practice video with Mike Riley.
- A look at how some Stanford quarterbacks have done when replacing legendary quarterbacks. A feature on Stanford wide receiver Jamal-Rashad Patterson.
- Jerry Johnson and Aaron Hester are developing a friendly rivalry. Xavier Su'a-Filo has been versatile as the Bruins shuffle the offensive line.
- Silas Redd makes the transition to USC look easy. Cody Kessler and Max Wittek continue to battle for the backup role to Matt Barkley.
- Utah makes the most of their walk-on players. The coaches are feeling good about the Utes' secondary.
- John Timu will be a central player in Washington's defense.
- The quarterback battle at WSU is tighter than we thought, but Jeff Tuel has the edge. Some WSU news and notes, including an interesting tidbit about Andrei Lintz.
- SI's Stewart Mandel lays out his Pac-12 preview.
Final Wyoming 14 2 Oregon 48 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Army 0 15 Stanford 35 Final Portland State 21 Washington State 59 Final 9 USC 31 Boston College 37 Final 12 UCLA 20 Texas 17 Final 16 Arizona State 38 Colorado 24 Final Nevada 28 Arizona 35