Oregon releases depth chart
August, 24, 2012
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
You can see Oregon's new depth chart here, which includes the listing of Marcus Mariota as the starting quarterback ahead of Bryan Bennett.
Also of note:
Also of note:
- The three first-team receivers are: Daryle Hawkins, Josh Huff and Keanon Lowe. Bralon Addison, a true freshman, Eric Dungy and B.J. Kelly are the twos.
- Senior offensive guard Carson York is not listed, so he's not yet 100 percent after a knee injury he suffered during the Rose Bowl. Ryan Clanton is No. 1 at Lleft guard ahead of Mana Greig.
- Redshirt freshman Tyler Johnstone is No. 1 at left tackle. His backup is Kyle Long. Jake Fischer is No. 1 at right tackle.
- De'Anthony Thomas is listed as Kenjon Barner's backup at running back and not at receiver. He's also listed No. 1 for kick and punt returns.
- At tight end, it's all "Ors" between Pharaoh Brown, T.J. Daniel, Koa Ka'ai and Colt Lyerla. Expect Lyerla to shortly move back up to No. 1. Touted freshman Evan Baylis isn't listed, so he might be injured.
- The defense still uses a 4-3 on the depth chart instead of a 3-4.
- Brian Jackson has won the safety position opposite John Boyett. Jackson replaces Eddie Pleasant.
- The only "Or" on defense is between Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner at defensive end behind Taylor Hart. Both are true freshmen.
- The backup linebackers: Rahim Cassell behind middle linebacker Kiko Alonso, Derrick Malone behind weakside linebacker Michael Clay, and Tyson Coleman behind strongside linebacker Boseko Lokombo.