Pac-12 helmet stickers
September, 30, 2012
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
With great performances come great rewards. And there is no greater reward than a helmet sticker from the Pac-12 blog. Here are this week’s winners.
- Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington: In a game without many offensive highlights, Sankey provided one of the contest’s most exciting plays, taking a fourth-and-1 handoff at the Washington 39 and darting ahead for a 61-yard touchdown in an upset win over No. 8 Stanford. He finished with 144 yards on 20 carries.
- Justin Wilcox, defensive coordinator, Washington: Beat a top-10 team, and you get a helmet sticker. Beat a top-10 team that has outscored you 140-35 in three previous meetings by not allowing an offensive touchdown, then your new defensive coordinator gets a helmet sticker. Most impressive was how the Huskies limited Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor to 75 yards on the ground on 21 carries.
- Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA: The Bruins signal-caller accounted for four touchdowns -- throwing for two and running in another two. He was 25-of-38 (65.8 percent) for 281 yards through the air. He threw a 17-yard touchdown to Darius Bell, an 8-yard strike to Joseph Fauria and ran for scores of 12 yards and 1 yard.
- Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon: Time to start adding him to the Heisman tracker? Barner rushed for 195 yards and three touchdowns in the victory over Washington State. He averaged 9.8 yards per carry and ran for scores of 22, 10 and 80 yards.
- Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State: He continued his recent tear by tossing a career-high 433 yards and three touchdowns on 29-of-45 passing. Twice he connected for touchdowns with Markus Wheaton and he found Connor Hamlett for a 9-yard score in the closing minutes to seal a 38-35 win on the road at Arizona. He was interception-free and 6-of-6 for 52 yards on the game-winning drive.
- Taylor Kelly, QB, Arizona State: Let the Kelly lovefest continue. He was 26-of-45 for 292 yards with three touchdown passes in ASU’s road win over Cal. Twice he connected for scores with Kevin Ozier and once to Darwin Rogers. More importantly, another game with no interceptions.
Final Idaho State 14 Utah 56 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38 Final Weber State 14 19 Arizona State 45
Final Colorado State 31 Colorado 17 Final UNLV 13 Arizona 58
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final California 31 Northwestern 24 Final Portland State 14 Oregon State 29 Final UC Davis 0 11 Stanford 45 Final Fresno State 13 15 USC 52 Final 25 Washington 17 Hawaii 16 Final South Dakota 13 3 Oregon 62