Pac-10 lunch links: Could Tyrone Willingham resign?
October, 1, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Because you need your links.
- Jon Wilner takes an early look at the Pac-10 bowl situation and concludes: It's bleak.
- What would be an October Surprise at Arizona? Winning. The Wildcats are 3-14, in October and winless at home, since coach Mike Stoops took over in 2004.
- Oregon QB Justin Roper is sick, so it's unlikely he will start at USC or even make the trip. The quarterback order will be Jeremiah Masoli, Darron Thomas and Chris Harper, and Roper might be in for a fight if Masoli keeps improving.
- Just who are these Oregon State Beavers? Are they the team that got stomped at Penn State or the squad the dominated USC? Or is it somewhere in between?
- UCLA is looking for answers on defense, as well as offense. Per the LA Daily News: "The Bruins allow 37.5 points and 415.8 yards per game, and are 106th nationally (of 119) in third-down efficiency, allowing 48.4 percent of third downs to be converted." More analysis on the defense here. And here.
- With USC LB Rey Maualuga's status increasingly iffy with a sprained knee, it appears redshirt freshman Chris Galippo will get the call. And is the unified front cracking concerning the Trojans tailback rotation? The Orange County Register talks to each Trojan RB.
- Might Washington coach Tyrone Willingham resign? Probably not.
- Washington State coach Paul Wulff insists the Cougars are still fighting. Is there any hope for the defense?
2:00 PM ET Hawaii Colorado 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 6:00 PM ET Georgia State Washington 10:00 PM ET California Arizona 10:30 PM ET 2 Oregon Washington State 10:30 PM ET San Diego State Oregon State