Pac-10 lunchtime links: Cougs find a scout QB
October, 7, 2008
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Perhaps among these is the missing link.
- Look who's the new Mr. Mellow: Arizona's fiery Mike Stoops. Funny how winning does that.
- The Pac-10 reprimanded Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh for criticizing the officiating at Notre Dame, but Jon Wilner doesn't believe the conference powers insisting the call in question was actually correct means it was, well, actually correct.
- Can UCLA, packing up for a trip to Oregon this weekend, win on the road?
- USC running back Stafon Johnson provided his growing legion of advocates a good argument for why he's the Trojans best running back.
- Washington fans are angry about everything, but their latest gripe with coach Tyrone Willingham is his burning some freshmen redshirts at midseason. But Jim Moore continues to be a huge Willingham fan, which probably won't help Willingham's case one bit.
- John Blanchette considers Washington State's "Quarterback Idol" casting call for a scout team quarterback. While coach Paul Wulff was unable to remember the winner's name during today's teleconference, the Spokesman-Review reported it was Peter Roberts, a former QB at Woodinville (Wash.) High School -- the same school the produced former Washington Huskies star QB Marques Tuiasosopo.