Pac-10 lunch links: Will USC lose another offensive coordinator?
December, 3, 2009
By Ted Miller | ESPN.com
In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow-countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The Government will not assail you. You can have no conflict without being yourselves the aggressors. You have no oath registered in heaven to destroy the Government, while I shall have the most solemn one to preserve, protect, and defend it.
- It appears the Holiday Bowl doesn't want California, which means the USC-Arizona winner will be in San Diego.
- Oregon coach Chip Kelly is all business. Oregon State's Mike Riley is a local.
- Oregon State must defend "basketball on grass."
- Five keys to the Civil War. Some X's and O's. Ohio State, the Rose Bowl rep from the Big Ten, should pull for the Ducks. It's a battle for state of Oregon pride, but it won't be played by Oregonians.
- You can listen to Stanford running back Toby Gerhart talk about things here.
- USC's versatile fullback Stanley Havili will return for his senior year. Offensive lineman Charles Brown serves and protects. Might USC be losing another offensive coordinator?
- Washington quarterback Jake Locker hasn't decided if he will enter the NFL draft or not. The Huskies might play California without their starting center. Huskies defensive coordinator Nick Holt is thrilled to play another game.