- Kevin Gemmell, College Football
- 0 Shares
Our countdown of the Pac-12’s top 25 preseason players in 2013 continues.
A lot of good players, as it happens every season, won’t make the preseason list. It is in their hands to make the postseason list.
You can review our 2012 postseason top 25 here.
5. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
2012 numbers: As a first-year starter, Hundley threw for 3,745 yards, tops in the league, and completed 318 passes on 478 attempts (66.5 percent). He tossed 29 touchdowns and also scored nine times on the ground, rushing for 355 yards.
2012 postseason ranking: No. 15
Making the case for Hundley: If Hundley has progressed the way we think he has, look out world, because the most dynamic quarterback in college football might be in Westwood. Hundley was fortunate in his first season as a starter to have the veteran presence of running back Johnathan Franklin in the backfield. This year, it’s on Hundley to become the leader that Jim Mora and Co. believe he can be. He’s an exciting mix of speed and power when he runs and his already-solid accuracy should be more improved with another year in the system. UCLA’s troubles with sacks allowed in 2012 has been well documented – and a lot of that falls on Hundley. His decision-making in 2013 will ultimately be the measuring stick for how much he’s improved from his stellar freshman campaign. If he navigates his team through a much tougher schedule in 2013 – and continues to produce dual-threat numbers in the process -- don’t be surprised to see him pick up some Heisman buzz.
6. Ka'Deem Carey, RB, Arizona
7. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford
8. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
9. David Yankey, OG, Stanford
10. Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State
11. Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
12. Taylor Kelly, QB, Arizona State
13. Austin Seferian Jenkins, TE, Washington
14. De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon
15. Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington
16. Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
17. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford
18. Xavier Su'a-Filo, OL, UCLA
19. Morgan Breslin, OLB, USC
20. Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
21. Carl Bradford, LB, Arizona State
22. Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
23. Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon
24. Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State
25. Ben Gardner, DE, Stanford
Our countdown of the Pac-12’s top 25 preseason players in 2013 continues.A lot of good players, as it happens every season, won’t make the preseason list.