Arizona winning statistically, but not on scoreboard
December, 6, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Lots of interesting stuff in Tucson in the Territorial Cup between Arizona and Arizona State.
- Arizona had a 98-yard touchdown drive.
- Nine minutes into the game, the teams had combined for seven penalties for 52 yards, which slowed the pace to a slog.
- Arizona punter Keenyn Crier, one of the Pac-10's best punters, suffered an incredible brain cramp when he allowed his knee to touch the ground on a low snap, giving the Sun Devils the ball on the Wildcats 19-yard line. That set up the go-ahead TD.
- That interception by Omar Bolden to close the first half? Sort of what we expected from Bolden this year, but haven't seen very often.
- Arizona outgained ASU 185-66, but trails 10-7.