Pac-10 links: Maualuga gets emotional
December, 23, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
'Twas the day before the night before the night before Christmas ...
- Tying a final bow around Arizona's season. It could have been better, as the article points out: "Four of Arizona's five losses came by eight or fewer points. The UA's average margin of defeat was 5.6 points."
- California will rebuild at linebacker next fall, but it's starting with some nice raw materials. Missed this the first time around: Read here about the Pac-10's best running backs coach and a guy with an inspiring backstory.
- Oregon's route to success was winding. The tough Oklahoma State team it's facing in the Holiday Bowl will be a contender in 2009.
- Oregon State coach Mike Riley is trying not to dwell on the absence of the Rodgers brothers -- and their 50 percent of the Beavers offense -- for the Sun Bowl.
- Jon Wilner evaluates Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh. Well done. Link for a Jeff Tedford eval, too.
- Without a bowl game to occupy him, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel is focused on recruiting. And things are going well. But this may be his most important recruit.
- USC linebacker Rey Maualuga is getting emotional about his last game as a Trojan.
- Steve Sarkisian is working twice as hard but he's also getting two paychecks, which is good around the holidays because he's surely got to buy lots of presents and stuff. Bob Condotta considers potential position changes Sarkisian might make with the Huskies.
2:00 PM ET Hawaii Colorado 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 6:00 PM ET Georgia State Washington 10:00 PM ET California Arizona 10:30 PM ET 2 Oregon Washington State 10:30 PM ET San Diego State Oregon State