Thursday, February 26, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Carroll becomes a a granddad
By Ted Miller
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
We have a baby, Bryce Brown, recruiting and a dash of hoops. Might need salt, though.
- Is Arizona State building a recruiting pipeline to a Scottsdale, Ariz., power? Hey, Dennis, come check out Cactus Shadows -- it's practically in my backyard.
- Is Oregon going to lose Chris Harper, a slash player who wants to be a quarterback? The Ducks do have a new receiver. Sort of.
- Stanford cuts 21 positions in the athletic department but isn't cutting teams. Yet.
- Did Mark Sanchez hurt his draft stock at the NFL combine? Or not. USC is still in the hunt to sign touted prep tight end Orson Charles. Orson on his pending announcement: "Rosebud."
- Congrats Pete Carroll. Or should we say, "Grandfather Carroll?" And you guys, too, Brennan and Amber.
- Here's a guess that Washington's recruiting will go much better next year -- see this list of offers. Greg Johns profiles Washington AD Scott Woodward.
- This is a good effort breaking down the Bryce Brown Saga, with a guess that it might be down to LSU and Oregon.
- And this is a Jon Wilner column about basketball and stupid administrative decisions at Stanford, but it's so good it feels like it should be about football, so we shall include it here.