Friday, March 13, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Riley needs to step up this spring
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Friday! Friday! Friday!
- California starts spring practices Saturday, and it's time for quarterback Kevin Riley to make a statement. Here's a preview of the running backs -- with Jahvid Best sitting out and Shane Vereen limited, it's opportunity time for youngsters.
- Adam Grant is finally healthy and ready to help rebuild Arizona's offensive line, but some other guys are hurting.
- It looks like the NFL made a mistake snubbing former Oregon All-American defensive end Nick Reed at the combine. Lots of good Ducks pro day numbers at the link, too.
- Oregon State gets ready for its pro day and spring practices... some injury updates too.
- As expected, two UCLA starters received medical redshirts and will be eligible as fifth-year seniors in 2009.
- USC's official spring football media guide. And you too could be a Trojan.