Monday, April 20, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Banged up WSU gets a passing fancy
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
I never knew that you liked Piña Coladas and getting caught in the rain.
- Washington State is banged up, but Cougar quarterbacks connected with eight different receivers and completed 17 of 26 passes for 220 yards in a scrimmage over the weekend. Also on that link is an interesting interview with WSU AD Jim Sterk talking about the proposed move of the Apple Cup to Seattle's Qwest Field. Some Cougar notes, including items on the suspensions of cornerback Romeo Pellum (team rules violation) and receiver Michael Willis (DUI charges).
- California running back Jahvid Best's budding good health bodes well for his budding Heisman Trophy candidacy. And what about Jacquizz Rodgers and the Heisman?
- Oregon's first spring scrimmage gets a gentleman's C. JC transfer Terrance Montgomery, however, led a fairly strong performance by the defensive line.
- Eight touchdown passes -- EIGHT! -- highlighted Oregon State's first scrimmage on Friday night, with Sean Canfield contributing four. There's enough linebacker to go around for Oregon State to share.
- UCLA's offense sputtered on Friday, but defensive tackle Brian Price looked good. Quarterback Kevin Prince wasn't happy with how he played.
- Updating Washington's depth chart.
- Ranking the Pac-10's defensive tackles.