Friday, November 12, 2010
Pac-10 did you know? Week 11
By ESPN.com staff
Some quick notes to get you through the hours until Saturday.
- The Pac-10 was again ranked the No. 1 conference this week by the Sagarin Ratings. The Big 12 was No. 2, the SEC No. 3 and the Big Ten No. 4.
- California is 4-0 at home season with an average winning margin of 38.8 points per game.
- The Bears still have won four of five against Oregon, who haven't won in Berkeley since 2001
- Oregon is 9-0 for the first time in 115 seasons.
- Oregon has outscored its opponents 215-48 in the second half.
- Ducks RB LaMichael James leads the nation in rushing (166.38 yards per game) and has 17 rushing touchdowns, which is No. 1 in the nation.
- Oregon WR Jeff Maehl has 15 TD catches in his last 14 games.
- USC leads its series with Arizona 26-7, but the Wildcats won last year in the Coliseum 21-17.
- Arizona WR Juron Criner has caught 25 passes for 333 yards in the last three games.
- USC quarterback Matt Barkley hasn't been in sync with downfield throws the past two games. In the first seven games on passes of 15 yards or more, he completed 44.3 percent with four TDs and two interceptions. In the last two, he's completed just 38.9 percent with two interceptions and no TDs.
- Barkley is most accurate outside the pocket. On passes of 10 or more yards, he's completed 71.4 percent outside the pocket and 42.7 percent inside the pocket.
- The Trojans defense has given up 148 plays of 10 yards or more, and USC opponents are averaging a 10-yard gain on almost a quarter of all plays. That ranks in the bottom five in the nation, and the other four teams -- Minnesota, Memphis, Colorado and Washington State -- have combined for six wins.
- Stanford is 8-1 on the season, matching its best start since 1970.
- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck is the Cardinal's second-leading rusher with 370 yards on 43 attempts (8.6 ypa) and three TD. He has rushed for 724 yards in 21 career games, the highest total ever by a Stanford quarterback.
- Luck thrown 22 TD passes this season, which already is tied for fourth on Stanford’s single-season list. John Elway (1980) and Steve Stenstrom (1993) hold the single-season record with 27.
- Arizona State wide receiver T.J. Simpson has caught 18 passes for 272 yards (15.1 yards per reception) in the last three games. In the first six games, he caught just six passes for 104 yards.
- Oregon State remains the only team in the nation that has not lost a fumble. The Beavers have just four turnovers this year, which is the fewest in the nation.
- Beavers RB Jacquizz Rodgers needs 194 yards rushing to move into the top-10 of the Pac-10's career rushing list. The junior has rushed for 3,496 yards over the past three seasons.
- After recording just two sacks in the first three games, the Beavers have made 19 in the last five. Leading the charge is DT Stephen Paea, who leads the team with four sacks.
- Washington State QB Jeff Tuel was the only conference quarterback to pass for over 200 yards in his first nine games, but his streak was snapped last weekend against California, when he passed for just 92 yards in a 20-13 defeat.
- The Cougars led Cal 10-7 at halftime last weekend. It was the first time they'd led at the break since Sept. 20, 2008, when they were up 17-3 on Portland State.
- Cougars punter Reid Forrest had a career-long 84-yard punt vs. Cal. It was the longest punt in the conference this year and tied for the fourth best in conference history.