Monday, April 4, 2011
Pac-12 weekend roundup
By ESPN.com staff
I was out of pocket Thursday and Friday on family business, so I missed a couple of things.
Unfortunately, most of the news was injury related.
- Arizona free safety Adam Hall, a budding star, tore the ACL in his right knee and could be out for as long as seven months.
- Two projected Arizona State starters -- All-Pac-10 cornerback Omar Bolden and receiver T.J. Simpson -- suffered knee injuries. The severity of both injuries has not yet been reported, though there are serious concerns for Simpson.
- UCLA's projected starting offensive tackle, Jeff Baca, broke his ankle and it's unclear whether he will be ready for fall practice. The Bruins -- and coach Rick Neuheisel -- have struggled with injury woes the past three seasons. Seems like they're due a break. (Maybe that's not the right word choice here.)
- Oregon State RB Jordan Jenkins is out for the rest of spring because of a shoulder injury.
- USC DE Armond Armstead takes a step toward getting back on the field (though probably not this spring).