Friday, September 30, 2011
Pac-12: Did you know?
By ESPN.com staff
Some notes to get you through the hours until Saturday. Many thanks to ESPN Stats & Information.
- USC leads its series with Arizona 27-7. In Los Angeles, the Trojans are 15-4, with victories in three of the past four Coliseum meetings.
- Arizona is riding an eight-game losing streak to FBS opponents. But six of those opponents were ranked 14th or better, including three in the top-10 this year.
- Colorado leads its series with Washington State 4-2, and the Buffaloes won the last meeting in 2004, 20-12.
- The last time the Cougars went to Boulder, in 2003, they beat the No. 17 Buffaloes 47-26.
- Colorado kicker Will Oliver is 6-for-6 on field goals and 11-for-11 on PATs this year.
- Buffaloes running back Rodney Stewart is third on the school's all-time rushing list with 3,022 yards. He needs 36 yards to eclipse Rashaan Salaam for second place.
- Arizona State leads its series with Oregon State 24-12-1, but the Beavers have won three in a row in the series.
- Oregon State is trying to avoid its first 0-4 start since 1996.
- Arizona State has two wins over ranked teams, its most since 1997.
- Stanford has won 11 consecutive games overall dating back to last year, the nation's longest active winning streak among FBS teams. The Cardinal’s 11-game win streak is the school’s longest since winning 13 straight from 1939-41.
- Stanford and UCLA have met every season since 1946. The Cardinal have won the last two meetings. Stanford is looking for its first three-game win streak against UCLA since winning five straight against the Bruins from 1925-31 to start the all-time series.
- Stanford is ranked sixth this week in the AP Poll. It marks their 12th consecutive week being in the top 10 in the AP Poll, the longest streak in school history. The 12 consecutive weeks in the top 10 is the second longest active streak (Boise State - 35 weeks).
- Stanford's David Shaw is seeking to become the first Cardinal head coach to start 4-0 in his first season with the school since Chuck Taylor in 1951. Taylor’s team that year made the Rose Bowl but lost there to Illinois.
- Andrew Luck enters Saturday's game with 23 career wins as Stanford's starting quarterback, one shy of the school record of 24 set by Steve Stenstrom in 1994.
- Washington is 6-0 versus Utah, but the teams last played in 1979. The teams have never before played in Salt Lake City.
- The Huskies are the only Pac-12 team Utah has never beaten.
- The Huskies haven't started 4-1 since 2006.
- Utes coach Kyle Whittingham is 6-0 after bye weeks. The Utes have won 10 in a row coming off regular-season byes, last losing in 2002.