Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Gronkowski returns to practice
By Ted Miller
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
RIP Patrick Swayze.
- Arizona tight end Rob Gronkowski practiced Monday. In other news, there has been an outbreak of crossedfingers-itis in Tucson.
- Lots of personnel shuffling for Arizona State. The Sun Devils promise they won't take Louisiana-Monroe lightly.
- California is going to Minnesota early so it can wake up fresh on Saturday. Sophomore linebacker Mychal Kendricks looks like the real deal.
- Fact is we don't really know what we have with Oregon -- George Schroeder notes that we felt the same nearly halfway through the 2008 season, too. The key this week for the Ducks is tackling.
- Oregon State isn't there yet, but the Beavers might want to hurry up their pace because a good Cincinnati team is coming to town.
- Stanford will face a San Jose State squad starting a new quarterback.
- UCLA can't have a letdown against Kansas State.
- Don't expect USC to take Washington lightly -- not after last year and not with who's standing on the opposite sidelines.
- Washington coach Steve Sarkisian gets ready for his old team, USC. The Huskies are irritated with Stanford.
- Jim Moore is flummoxed by his Washington State Cougars, who face a 2-0 but beat up SMU team.