Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Details of Todd Graham's contract with ASU
By ESPN.com staff
The Arizona Republic has published details of new Arizona State coach Todd Graham's contract here.
Here are some highlights.
- Graham's salary is $2 million per year, consisting of $600,000 base salary and $1.4 million additional salary.
- ASU has agreed to pay $1 million to cover Graham's obligation for opting out of his contract at Pitt.
- Graham will forfeit and repay all compensation and bonuses paid if any achievements should be vacated, diminished or in any way affected by sanctions, whether imposed by ASU, the Pac-12 or NCAA, resulting from violations of NCAA or Pac-12 rules.
- If Graham terminates the contact and takes another NCAA job, ASU may require him to pay up to $1 million.
- If Graham terminates the contract, he can not obtain employment as head coach at another Pac-12 school for the rest of the original contract's term.
- Graham gets $50,000 if ASU wins eight games; $100,000 for nine; $150,000 for 10: $250,000 for 11 and $350,000 for 12. (Total possible bonus: $900,000.)
- Graham will earn $250,000 for leading the Sun Devils to any BCS bowl. If they win, he will earn an extra $100,000.