Thursday, March 15, 2012
Pac-12 bowl projections
By Kevin Gemmell
Too early for bowl projections? Maybe? Probably? Nah.
Jerry Palm of CBSSports.com doesn't think so and he's released his bowl projections for all 35 games next season.
Of the 12 teams in the conference, he has eight of them heading to the postseason -- most notably -- USC playing in the national championship game against LSU. And according to Palm, Oregon also makes another appearance in the Rose Bowl.
The four teams on the outside looking in are Colorado, UCLA, Washington State and Oregon State.
Here's a look at the bowl games he's projecting that include Pac-12 teams:
- BCS National Championship game (Jan. 7 in Miami): USC vs. LSU
- Rose Bowl (Jan. 2 in Pasadena, Calif.): Oregon vs. Michigan
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Arizona State vs. Navy
- Sun Bowl: Washington vs. North Carolina State
- Alamo Bowl: Utah vs. Kansas State
- Holiday Bowl: Stanford vs. Baylor (would have loved to see that matchup in 2011)
- Maaco Bowl: Cal vs. Boise State
- New Mexico Bowl: Arizona vs. Air Force