Saturday, April 28, 2012
Pac-12 in NFL draft so far
By ESPN.com staff
The only surprise to me during the first three rounds of the NFL draft was California punter Bryan Anger getting picked early in the third round.
Punters don't get picked in the third round very often, but Anger is a special punter who can change field position every time he cranks up a boot. Anger, in fact, is the first punter to be selected in the top-100 picks since 1995, according to a Tweet from none other than Cal coach Jeff Tedford.
Stanford leads the conference with four picks. California has three. Colorado, UCLA, Washington and Washington State have yet to see a player selected. My guess is Washington DT Alameda Ta'amu comes off the board early this morning.
Here's where the Pac-12 guys got picked so far.
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford: Indianapolis
4. Matt Kalil, OT, USC: Minnesota
24. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford: Pittsburgh
28. Nick Perry, DE, USC: Green Bay
2. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford: Indianapolis
5. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California: Cleveland
10. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford, Miami
14. Mychal Kendricks, LB, California: Philadelphia
25. Brock Osweiler, QB Arizona State: Denver Broncos
29. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon: San Francisco 49ers
7. Bryan Anger, P, California: Jacksonville
16. Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State: Chicago Bears
25. Nick Foles, QB, Arizona: Philadelphia
32. Tony Bergstrom, OL, Utah: Oakland