Thursday, August 30, 2012
Lunch links: Richardson will sit in 2012
By Kevin Gemmell
Today is the greatest, day I've ever known;
Can't live for tomorrow, tomorrow's much too long.
- Rich Rodriguez ran out of time at Michigan, but he can make football matter at Arizona. In case you were wondering, Arizona will likely wear the blue helmets vs. Toledo.
- For Arizona State, it's all about staying within the Todd Graham system. Brandon Magee blogs his thoughts about the season.
- A preview of what Cal will face with Nevada's pistol offense. Some fun facts about the first game played at Memorial Stadium in 1923.
- Paul Richardson has decided to redshirt in 2012. Running back Tony Jones didn't inherit the starting job, he earned it.
- A really nice package of 10 Oregon stories from the Register-Guard as part of their season preview. Click here, then take your pick. Video of a very poised Bryan Bennett talking about his decision to stay.
- Some more on OSU's game against Nicholls State being postponed. Sean Mannion is ready to live up to the hype.
- Stepfan Taylor gunning for Stanford rushing records. Not much to the Stanford-San Jose State rivalry of late.
- The clock is ticking for Jim Mora, literally and figuratively. How will UCLA's new spread offense take shape?
- The Trojans defense is looking for a more decisive performance against Hawaii. USC linebacker Will Andrew won't be on scholarship this year.
- Breaking down Utah's defense. Jordan Wynn, healthy as ever, excited to back starting.
- Washington defensive back Tre Watson, who has been named a starter versus SDSU, was awarded a scholarship. Washington's defense looks to put the bad memories of the past behind them.
- Let the Mike Leach era begin.
- Jon Wilner offers some thoughts on the Pac-12 Networks and DirecTV.
- The new kickoff rules will try to reduce injuries.
- Predictions and story lines from Athlon Sports.