Thursday, November 12, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Where will Blount fit in?
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Thou still unravish'd bride of quietness,
Thou foster-child of silence and slow time,
Sylvan historian, who canst thus express
A flowery tale more sweetly than our rhyme.
- Arizona is worried about the Wild Bear.
- Will freshman quarterback Brock Osweiler bring Arizona State fans change they can believe in?
- California running back Jahvid Best makes an appearance on campus.
- It's unclear how LeGarrette Blount will fit in for Oregon, but he will fit in somehow.
- Oregon State is better in large part because its O-line is better, but that's not a surprise because Mike Cavanaugh is a heck of a coach.
- Nice story here recalling Stanford's upset of USC in 2007.
- UCLA is being cautious with quarterback Kevin Prince, who suffered a concussion against Washington. Pullman might be a little nippy for the Bruins.
- USC offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates says blame him, not quarterback Matt Barkley. The Trojans' defense has struggled. Tackle Jurrell Casey has not.
- Receiver Jermaine Kearse has emerged for Washington.
- The revolving door at quarterback -- it appears that freshman Jeff Tuel won't play against UCLA because of a knee injury -- makes it hard for Washington State to refine its passing attack.
- Chris Dufresne looks at how the BCS bowl picks might go, and he thinks USC could end up in the Sugar opposite Alabama. Laissez le bon temps rouler!