Thursday, January 24, 2013
Helfrich checks in on podcast
By Ted Miller
Ivan Maisel and I chatted with new Oregon coach Mark Helfrich on Thursday morning for the ESPNU college football podcast.
You can listen here.
Naturally, we touched on an array of topics:
- Helfrich dealing with “not being Chip Kelly.”
- What are the recruits asking Helfrich?
- Replacing the two coaches who did leave the program.
- Will the Ducks be more pass oriented next season?
- The competition at backup quarterback.
- The testing process of his first spring practices, including figuring out how offensive plays will be called going forward.
- The back-and-forth, will he stay or will he go, for Kelly after the Fiesta Bowl.
And much, much more!
By the way, Kevin will have a Q&A on Friday morning with Helfrich.