Monday, October 13, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: Why would Gary Pinkel leave Missouri for Washington?
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
These are "Happy Midseason!" Links. Or unhappy, depending on your team.
- The blueprint for beating Arizona is now obvious: Run right at the Wildcats, a strategy that California is fully capable of implementing.
- It's a new season for Arizona State, and, as this story points out, that's more than a coaching ruse: "ASU's remaining opponents are a combined 15-22; the teams it has faced are 25-10."
- Paul Buker takes Washington State to task for complaining that Oregon State ran up the score in the Beavers' 66-13 victory.
- When are Stanford fans going to realize Jim Harbaugh is building a pretty darn good program?
- Oregon fans failed to rattle UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel. Now only if the Bruins could have rattled the Ducks.
- USC coach Pete Carroll is not poll watching. Probably because his team still isn't pole sitting.
- Missouri's Gary Pinkel to Washington? Don't hold your breath, Huskies fans.
- More "worst Pac-10 team ever" discussion for Washington State. Also here.