Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Bowl schedule announced
By Kevin Gemmell
Mark your calendars. The 2013-2014 bowl schedule has been announced (of course, participants are pending).
Once again the Pac-12 will kick off the bowl season against a Mountain West team on Sat. Dec. 21 at 2 p.m. ET in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque on ESPN. And settle in for what will be the first of two Pac-12 double-headers this bowl season, because the Pac-12 and Mountain West will meet again the same day in the Las Vegas Bowl at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
Here's the complete Pac-12 lineup:
- Dec. 21, Gildan New Mexico Bowl, 2 p.m. Pac-12 vs. MWC, ESPN
- Dec. 21, Las Vegas Bowl, 3:30 p.m. Pac-12 vs. MWC. ABC
- Dec. 27, Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, 9:30 p.m. Pac-12 vs. BYU (if bowl eligible), ESPN
- Dec. 30, Valero Alamo Bowl, 6:45 p.m. Pac-12 vs. Big 12, ESPN
- Dec. 30, Holiday Bowl, 10:15 p.m. Pac-12 vs. Big 12, ESPN
- Dec. 31, Hyundai Sun Bowl, 2 p.m., Pac-12 vs. ACC, CBS
- Jan. 1, Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO, 5 p.m., ESPN
- Jan. 6, VIZIO BCS National Championship (at the Rose Bowl), 8:30 p.m., BCS 1 vs. BCS 2, ESPN
Last year, the Pac-12 bowls were a little more spread out and there is an extra six days between the start of the 2013 bowl season (last year's New Mexico Bowl was on Dec. 15). There was only one double-header last year with the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl and the Valero Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29.
This year, Dec. 21 and Dec. 30 should make for some fun Pac-12 viewing parties. (And probably a healthy dose of trolling between the Pac-12 and Big 12 blogs).
If anyone needs a refresher course on how their team did in last year's bowl games, you can see all our bowl coverage from last season here.
Here's the speedy version -- Arizona: Are you kidding me?; Washington: What, no measurement?; UCLA: Ouch; Arizona State: Explosive; Oregon State: (Insert Cody Vaz just got sacked joke of your choosing here); USC: Yucky; Stanford: Defense, nasty; Oregon: Hey K-State, shhhhhh.
You can see the complete 2013-2014 bowl schedule here.