Thursday, October 16, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: 2007 Huskies-Beavers was weird
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
You know in some cultures Thursday is no different than Friday. If you were still in college, you'd know this.
- Arizona quarterback Willie Tuitama should finish rewriting the school's passing record book against California on Saturday, eclipsing Tom Tunnicliffe, who's best known for starting a nine-game unbeaten streak against rival Arizona State.
- Arizona State's touted but struggling cornerback Omar Bolden got benched for a half against USC and then came back strong.
- While California running back Jahvid Best appears ready to play Saturday at Arizona, it wasn't a good day of practice -- two starters are hurt.
- Oregon is using the bye week to find an identity.
- For folks who don't remember how strange Washington's visit to Oregon State last year was, read this.
- Stanford's running game is a peach... it's the bees knees.
- UCLA's defensive shake up after poor tackling at Oregon isn't dramatic but it's something with Stanford coming to town.
- This USC injury report includes another plot turn in receiver Vidal Hazelton's quest for a redshirt year that has been met with resistance from coaches.
- When did the downfall start for Washington under Tyrone Willingham? Perhaps here.
- Will Washington State go all Stanford-2007 on USC?