Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Offense by committee at Oregon
By Ted Miller
You're a foul one, Mr. Grinch.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."
- Arizona will be looking for a new athletic director because Jim Livengood is leaving whether UNLV hires him or not. The Wildcats are bringing in some defensive talent.
- Chip Kelly isn't the only reason Oregon's offense is clicking.
- Applause from John Canzano on Oregon State's apparent decision to add TCU to its 2010 schedule. Mike Riley and Bronco Mendenhall have a history.
- Stanford running back Toby Gerhart was a unanimous choice for the AP All-America team.
- UCLA Bruins are piling up postseason honors.
- With Josh Pinkard out for USC, it will be interesting to see who emerges in the Emerald Bowl at cornerback. Where does Matt Barkley rank among the deep roster of Pac-10 QBs in 2010?
- A history of Washington players who left early for the NFL draft, a list that quarterback Jake Locker won't be on. Jim Moore has more to say on Locker's decision to return.
- Maybe the bowl season will reveal the best conference of the 2009 season.