Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Pac-10 lunch links: Ludwig tries to silence Utah critics
By ESPN.com staff
I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree. Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don't know what Christmas is all about. Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?
- Arizona coach Mike Stoops has done more with less -- what would he be able to build if he got more? A good season for Arizona has been frustrating for backup QB Matt Scott.
- Arizona State loses a QB commitment for its 2010 class, possibly because it's still looking for an offensive coordinator.
- The Poinsettia Bowl might help California offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig silence his critics, considering many of them are Utah fans. Cal fullback Brian Holley is a walkon from nowhere who made good.
- Going to the Rose Bowl is special for all Oregon folks, but particularly so for long-time defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti. Some Ohio State players apparently are in trouble.
- It's been a long, twisting road for Sean Canfield at Oregon State. Missed this must-read story the other day: John Canzano visits the incarcerated father of James and Jacquizz Rodgers. BYU says it's focused this year.
- Stanford is happy to go to the Sun Bowl, but not for financial reasons.
- UCLA running back Johnathan Franklin is working on ball-security.
- USC is thin at tight end and thick with bad news. More on the Joe McKnight situation.
- Washington is battling Texas Tech for a linebacker recruit.
- Washington State's all-decade team takes an interesting turn, and is another Pac-10 coach trying to poach Coug recruits?