Monday, November 3, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: Cal's Riley questionable for USC
By Ted Miller
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
New on my Underrated List: Old Town Oakland. Two outstanding dinners at Levende East and B Restaurant on Washington St., just behind the Marriott.
- California coach Jeff Tedford admits that USC is not just another game. Jonathan Okanese's report also includes this update on quarterback Kevin Riley, who was knocked out of the Oregon game with a concussion: "Tedford said Kevin Riley is 'doing all right' after suffering a concussion Saturday, but said he also had a little bit of a headache. Riley is scheduled to undergo further tests Monday. Tedford said he won't know Riley's availability until after the tests."
- Arizona can't overlook Washington State. Honestly, the Wildcats probably can.
- Arizona State's not celebrating losing a close game -- heck, that's six defeats in a row -- but the Sun Devils showed signs of life at Oregon State. And it looks like they've finally found a running back.
- Oregon coach Mike Bellotti isn't happy with running back LeGarrette Blount. And the rest of his offense for that matter.
- Oregon State quarterback Lyle Moevao's throwing shoulder is banged up, so the Beavers might have to turn to backup Sean Canfield. That wasn't a problem at home against Arizona State, but what about on the road at UCLA? Last year's loss should be motivation.
- It's been a frustrating 10 years for UCLA. Is quarterback Ben Olson close to coming back from his foot injury?
- USC coach Pete Carroll can only laugh at the BCS standings.
- Yes, it was a historically bad weekend in the state of Washington.