Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Pac-12 Media Days lineup
By Kevin Gemmell
Media Days (yes, it's two days this year!) are a little more than a month away, and schools have announced who will be the face of their programs at the event, also known as Kevin and Ted’s super-fun happy place.
The festivities kick off on Wednesday, July 23 at the Paramount Theatre in Hollywood. Here’s the lineup for each school:
- ARIZONA - Coach Rich Rodriguez, Austin Hill (WR), Jared Tevis (S)
- ARIZONA STATE - Coach Todd Graham, Taylor Kelly (QB), Jamil Douglas (OL)
- CALIFORNIA - Coach Sonny Dykes, Jared Goff (QB), Stefan McClure (CB)
- COLORADO - Coach Mike MacIntyre, Nelson Spruce (WR), Juda Parker (DT)
- OREGON - Coach Mark Helfrich, Marcus Mariota (QB), Derrick Malone (LB)
- OREGON STATE - Coach Mike Riley, Sean Mannion (QB), Michael Doctor (LB)
- STANFORD - Coach David Shaw, Kevin Hogan (QB), Jordan Richards (DB)
- UCLA - Coach Jim Mora, Brett Hundley (QB), Eric Kendricks (LB)
- USC - Coach Steve Sarkisian, Cody Kessler (QB), Leonard Williams (DE)
- UTAH – Coach Kyle Whittingham, Dres Anderson (WR), Nate Orchard (DE)
- WASHINGTON - Coach Chris Petersen, Ben Riva (OT), Hau'oli Kikaha (OLB)
- WASHINGTON STATE - Coach Mike Leach, Connor Halliday (QB), Darryl Monroe (LB)
First thought, lots of quarterbacks. And that’s to be expected given the talent coming back in the league this year at that position. The Pac-12 blog has speculated that this might be the greatest assembly of signal-callers in league history.
I also think it’s interesting that Arizona State is the only program bringing two offensive players. With only two regular starters returning from last year’s defense, that figures to be a point of concern for the Sun Devils as they try to repeat as South Division champs. The league doesn't have any specific policies about what combination of players a school can bring.
We’ll have more posts and details as the event draws closer. Start getting your hopes up. Football is just around the corner.