Thursday, April 1, 2010
Stanford's Kopa denied sixth year
By ESPN.com staff
The NCAA has denied Stanford offensive tackle Matt Kopa's petition for a sixth year of eligibility due to injury hardship, but Kopa will appeal the decision, coach Jim Harbaugh told the Stanford Cardinal Football Examiner.
Harbaugh said the final decision should be delivered in three weeks.
Kopa was the Cardinal's starting right tackle last year but he broke a bone in his left foot in the season-opener vs. Washington State and sat out the remainder of the season.
Chris Marinelli shifted into Kopa's spot last year, but he also is gone. Senior Derek Hall now steps into the first-team role at the position.