Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Pac-10 lunch links: BYU wants to bully Arizona
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
These links go out to anyone who's ever been left out of the reindeer games.
- BYU is going to try to push Arizona around because the Wildcats have been pushed around before this season. Get this: it's raining in Arizona and cold in Las Vegas.
- California grabbed a couple of marquee recruits this week but is taking a big hit to its coaching staff with the departure of Jim Michalczik to Washington. Also, a note at the bottom says Bears are sticking with their 3-4 defensive scheme, despite that departure of three senior linebackers. Here's a guy who might fill that LB void.
- Oregon offensive coordinator Chip Kelly talks offense. Like this paragraph from the story: "Take out the game at California, played in monsoon-like conditions, and the Ducks have averaged 52 points in their last four games -- all against teams ranked in the top six in the Pac-10 in scoring defense."
- Oregon State starts its Sun Bowl prep under coach Mike Riley, who is undefeated in bowl games.
- Steve Sarkisian is cleaning house at Washington, which means no Tyrone Willingham assistants will return.
- And from the Apple Cup Locker room: Locker vs. Locker -- Casey Locker, Husky Jake's cousin, is headed to Washington State.