Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Pac-10 gets 24 games on ESPN-ABC
By ESPN.com staff
ESPN and the Pac-10 will be seeing a lot of each other this fall, which means you'll be seeing a lot of football.
ESPN-ABC announced a number of additions to its broadcast schedule today, which means, to date, there will be 24 games involving conference teams televised in 2010.
- There will be five games that feature defending conference champion Oregon, including the Ducks' Sept. 11 visit to Tennessee (ESPN2, 7 p.m. ET)
- There's eight involving USC, including the Nov. 27 date with Notre Dame.
- Stanford and touted QB Andrew Luck will be on four times.
- ABC has selected two UCLA games as part of its Big 12 agreement. The Bruins will open the 2010 season at Kansas State on Sept. 4 at 3:30 p.m. On Sept. 25, the Bruins travel to Texas, and ABC will televise that contest at a time to be determined 12 days prior to the game.
- The schedule features three matchups between teams ranked in the ESPN.com early preseason Top 25, including two Saturday Night Football on ABC broadcasts, both at 8 p.m. ET: No. 15 USC at No. 24 Stanford on Oct. 9, and No. 10 Oregon at No. 15 USC on Oct. 30. ESPN will televise No. 24 Stanford at No. 10 Oregon on Oct. 2, at 11:15 p.m. ET.
- A minimum of four Saturday late-night games, including two on Saturday, Sept. 18: No. 11 Iowa at Arizona at 10:30 p.m. on ESPN, and Wake Forest at No. 24 Stanford at 11:15 p.m. on ESPN2. An additional two games will pit No. 24 Stanford at UCLA on Saturday, Sept. 11, at 10:30 p.m. on ESPN and No. 24 Stanford at No. 10 Oregon on Saturday, Oct. 2, at 11:15 p.m. on ESPN.
- ESPN’s Thursday night College Football Primetime series will feature four telecasts involving Pac-10 teams, including No. 15 USC at Hawaii (Sept. 2 at 11 p.m.), UCLA at No. 10 Oregon (Oct. 21 at 9 p.m.), UCLA at Washington (Nov. 18 at 8 p m.) and Arizona State at Arizona (Dec. 2 at 8 p.m.).
- As for non-ESPN-ABC games, Fox Sports Net will broadcast USC’s home opener against Virginia on Sept. 11 (10:30 p.m.) and Cal's visit to USC on Oct. 16 at 3:30 p.m. FSN also has selected UCLA's home game against Houston on Sept. 18 (10:30 p.m.) and the Bruins' visit to Arizona State on Thanksgiving Friday (3:30 p.m.) as well as Oregon's game at Arizona State on Sept. 25 (10:30 p.m.).
- Now that ABC and ESPN have made their early television selections, FSN/Versus will announce further early selections during the first week of June. Additional Pac-10 games could be selected then or as the 2010 season progresses