Pac-12: Alexis Serna
July, 17, 2008
By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Ted Miller
Links keep everyone connected.
- SI.com found a way to show what we on the West Coast already know. The Pac-10 rules. Arizona State, Stanford and UCLA go 1, 2, 3 in its ranking of athletic programs this year. USC is No. 7; Cal 19, Oregon 21 and Arizona 22.
- Beware UCLA DTs Brigham Harwell and Brian Price: This Tennessee guard can move some weight around.
- But everyone knows that UCLA doesn't need to worry about Harwell and Price, who comprise one of the Pac-10's best tackle tandems. What Bruins fans should lose sleep over is their offensive line. Bruins Nation thoroughly breaks it down. It ain't pretty.
- And now that you UCLA fans are properly blue, there's this from the LA Daily News: starting strong safety Bret Lockett has been suspended for the Tennessee game.
- USC's got more seats in the Coliseum.
- And the Trojans already have a commitment from the Gatorade National Player of the Year. Mater Dei quarterback Matt Barkley is the first non-senior to win the award.
- Don Ruiz of the Tacoma News Tribune supplies this great list of "20 offseason issues" facing Washington's athletic department, football and basketball teams and the Pac-10 as a whole. Print this and hang it on your refrigerator.
- You woke up this morning and asked yourself: I wonder what former Oregon State kicker Alexis Serna and former Washington linebacker Joe Lobendahn are up to? Well, we read your mind and found this story about the CFL teammates (read through the top of the notebook to get to the meaty stuff).
- Yes, this is a bit dated, but it's really interesting: A look at how Oregon gets creative in recruiting. There's some story links on the right that go with the personalized comic book, too, such as this.
- Finally, a basketball note. Anthony Gimino of the Tucson Citizen comes to the defense of Lute Olson. Well done.